February 08, 2004

Battér Up!

I am a tricky trochee


I may have been grasping at straws with the last post, but it sure seemed like something was going around. The point is, none of that is at the top of my list right now, because it'sa my birthday and this blog is just a little thin page so I's'm gonna jot down a bit about that.

Andra's bringing a cake, which must have been interesting for her because she never cooks. I cook. I like cooking. She Paints, and acts on the Improv team, leads the environmental network, can craft any kind of item from a mug to the Taj Mahal with her bare hands and maybe a sewing machine, is pulling an A+ average and does all the chores in her house because her parents work and her brother's a full-time engineering student. So normally she doesn't sweat the cooking. But for today she wanted to make a cake.


It's a surprise for my parents, so I've been making up excuses to them of why I didn't want a cake this year. It was tricky, but I can be one smoove operator. Smoove like silk.

There's chicken cooking upstairs alongside a pork roast and green beans à l'oriéntale, which means yummy. I did my best to iron my new Andratastic t-shirt today, despite not knowing how to work an iron and generally harboring distrust for irons and iron-related things, such as boards. But I think the shirt turned out pretty good. For those of you who don't know, it says "Mr. Bovee-Begun, Expert," which is as fine a title as is to be had. My Magic 8-ball says so, too.





No comments: