December 03, 2003

Space Dash Space Andre

Well, Ian called me on it. I am, at least at the moment, in the grip of winter. But I only said one thing about him. One goddam sentence: "Ian, in touching postmodernism, believes he is playing with fire." And it's true. I'll quote him. Well, no I won't, I'll paraphrase.

  • We (can) rationalize all our decisions.
  • Our rationale is (or can be) conditioned by the same influences that act on our personalities and the actions themselves.
  • And then he started saying crazy things about fire.

So there you go, everything I said, you said already, Ian.

I didn't actually say any of the other things he attributes to me, but still, "the reader, if the writer is writing truly, will have a feeling of those things omitted as strongly as though the writer had stated them. The dignity of movement of an iceberg is due to only one-eighth of it being above water." Sure, in many ways I feel "philosophically ahead of him" (ya big jerk,) but that's just cause I've lived a little bit more. Doesn't change the fact that right now I'm not especially living. Aye, Ian, it's winter, somebody throw a snowball at me, quick.

Yeah, I've seen the end of the world, and it's hilarious.

My signature is,
- andre

No comments: